Hair was totally straight before.
Here's my routine:
- After showering, I comb through my hair to detangle.
- I then put a dime size amount of hemp oil in my hands and rub palms together (I usually rub some up my arm to be sure there is not too much in my hands).
- Starting at the ends, I work the oil into my hair, scrunching as I go. This immediately causes my hair to become wavy and slightly curly (I usually have straight hair).
And... that's pretty much it. After it dries, I might brush through it again... I may not. It just gives me beachy waves... which I adore.
A few words about Hemp Oil:
- Always be sure to purchase cold-pressed, hexane-free, organic hemp seed oil. The absolute best quality without a doubt is Nutiva. It's the richest hemp seed oil I've ever used.
- Hemp seed oil is not for cooking. Use in smoothies or on salads, but do not heat.
- This is an oil that should be refrigerated. It will extend the shelf life and prevent the oil from turning rancid.
Don't worry about putting oil in your hair... just use sparingly. Play with the amount and find out what works best for you. You'll be surprised how beautifully it will dry. :)
Be free. Be happy. Be natural.