- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil... though the coconut oil leaves a distinct taste)
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Empty chickpeas into colander and rinse thoroughly.
- Pour chickpeas and olive oil into iron skillet or other baking pan. Use your hands to coat the chickpeas with the oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder (or other spices). Using hands again, move the chickpeas around to be sure they're coated.
- Place pan in preheated oven.
- After 5 minutes, remove pan and use a spoon or spatula to turn chickpeas.
- Leave in oven an additional 5-7 minutes, or until chickpeas begin to brown.
- Allow to cool.
Most people have commented that these are a lot like boiled peanuts... probably more the texture than the taste.
They're great as a snack or to add to a salad for added protein and texture.
And seriously... play with the seasonings. I also make these using a creole seasoning -- a great spicy snack!